WOMEN’S DAY GIFT GUIDE ON MOTHER'S DAY
Bonjour Les Filles,
With Mother’s Day coming up, I am sticking with my different approach on the whole, “Mother’s Day Gift Guide” topic. As I said last year, we tend to forget those who have lost their mom’s or women and moms who are facing challenges. I am not an expert on this, however I wanted to at least spread awareness on the subject. I did some research on what all types of women are looking for on this day, and I am referencing them below. You can read their stories to gain a better insight on how to approach Mother’s Day for those that struggle with this day. At the same time, the gifts I included are not specific to mother’s, however the dedication of all women. This post is for you all!
1. SCARF/HAMMOM TOWEL: How can you go wrong with a gift that can serve dual purpose Made with a higher quality cotton handmade from Morocco.. Beach mat during the day and scarf at night for the chiller evenings. This beautifully made brown scarf is in our SEEK shop contact me for a special order.
2. ESPADRILLES: The iconic French summer shoe is a must for anyone’s wardrobe, and why not go for French designer; SAINT LAURENT Logo-embroidered leather-trimmed canvas addition.
3. CUSTOM WINE GLASS: Oh one of my top gifts “Good Day - Bad Day - Don't Even Ask Wine Glass” and one that I have received! Love this because no matter what came at me that day - drinking wine from this glass made my day!
4. MUDCLOTH PILLOW COVER: This mud cloth fabric pillow cover comes to you from an online boutique in the U.S - DESIGNS BY FILIA. Her Boho style and handmade products are to check out. I love the geometric shape which is dyed in Mali South Africa!
5. PILLOW COVER: Another find from DBF is this beautiful vegan leather and mud cloth pillow. Each mud cloth fabric is dyed and sewn together in strips in Mali South Africa, nicely paired with chocolate faux leather.
6. CANDLES: are sensorys’ best friend! The Otto Candle by (MALIN+GOETZ) Crafted from an earth-friendly blend of natural beeswax, vegetable and soy waxes! Free of parabens and sulfates!
7. STRAW TOTE: Huge this summer, so you cannot go wrong with this playful handmade Morrocan wicker hand bag with color dyed pom pom that can be taken out if need be. In the SEEK shop, contact me for details.
8. HAND WRITTEN NOTES: This is special for any occasion, however it’s a heartfelt gesture especially for those that are struggling on Mother’s Day. Now the context of your note depends on your relationship, so I will refer you to those that have more personal knowledge on the matter! Here is one of my dearest friends, Viann’s blog about her struggle with infertility – “The Gut Link” and here is another blog “A Royal Daughter” that lists how to approach the subject, especially on Mother’s Day. Hope this helps!
9. SUMMER HAT: Not just any hat! This is Blanch, hemp straw capeline hat from MAISON MICHEL PARIS, since 1936 making hats! On my dream list!
10. PHONE CALLS: Yes, call your mom, grandmother, sister, aunt and all those that are celebrating, however let’s take a moment to call those that have experienced loss, in which this day is a struggle in many ways we can’t imagine. Again, I pass this on to a blog I found “A Lovely Woman” where I read Carmel’s story where she wrote a piece to explain how to approach this subject and What Not to do when Someone You Know Has Lost their Mother. It’s painful to try to cover everyone’s unique situation on this post, however I encourage you to research and be aware of how to help those that have a difficult time during Mother’s Day.
11. SKIN CARE: Did you say creamy eye treatment with avocado!?! Kiehl has me feeling extra fresh with this nourishing eye cream!
12. SUN GLASSES: To hide the tears or block the sun this is one cat eye sunglasses from InterMix that I want to add to my collection. I have seen this one start to get more attention in the fashion world and about to hit my shopping bag!
Sending Love, Light and Healing to you all!
Happy Women’s Day!